Our business just launched a new product.
Here are a few examples from our website that give you an idea of how we help people navigate the healthcare maze:
Consider the case of Rhonda who has insurance, but when the hospital submitted the bills to her insurance company, they denied payment on the charges. She’s tried to call the insurance company, but feels that she gets the run-around since she always either has to leave a message or speaks to someone who doesn’t know the answers. No one seems to be able to help her understand why her charges weren’t covered under her policy. She’s never dealt with insurance before since it has always seemed simple.
- I wish someone just help me understand what is going on with all of these bills and letters from my insurance.
- Please explain why my insurance didn’t pay what I thought it would.
- I don’t have time to wait on hold all day while I’m at work. Can someone could help me get answers?
- How can I appeal my insurance company’s decision?
- Is anyone on my side?
Robert lost his job and his wife, Alissa, hasn’t been able to get more than part-time hours so there are many things they can’t afford, including health insurance. Since they’re young, they’ve just been hoping for the best as far as health situations, until now. While trying to do some home repair himself to save money, he fell from a ladder and shattered his ankle, resulting in complicated surgery and weeks of bed rest and limited movement. They are barely making ends meet on Alissa’s income and now have hospital bills far beyond what they can pay. The hospital offered them a minimal self-pay discount, but that makes little difference when there is no money to pay any of the bills. They need a professional to help them find answers and don’t know where to turn.
- I can’t even keep up with who all I owe money to anymore.
- There is no way I can ever pay off this much money.
- Where should I even start?
- Is there any help for people like me?
- Are my finances ruined for life from this one event?
Valinda is a single mom with 2 teenagers she’s supporting. She also has her mom living with her who has early Alzheimer’s that had progressed slowly for a while, but in the last few months it has escalated more rapidly. She doesn’t know what she is going to do. She can’t quit her job and stay home with her, nor can she afford to pay someone to come in and stay 5 days a week. She knows there are solutions and facilities, but, between her job, the teenagers and taking care of her mother, her life is too busy to figure out how to simplify it. She needs someone to turn to who can help her find these answers she needs.
- I really want to make sure my parent is taken care of. Are there any good facilities around me?
- What should I ask when I check out a facility?
- Does her insurance pay for something like this?
- Help me know more about Alzheimer’s so I can take better care of my parent.
- Does anyone see me and my parent as people in this whole process?