This Easter weekend commemorates the most important event in history–the death and resurrection of Jesus. We celebrate the victory Jesus accomplished for us over sin and death and the forces of darkness.
The Easter story is also one where the role of women comes to the fore:
- A woman anointed Jesus for burial
- Women watched as Jesus died
- Women followed Joseph of Arimathea to see where Jesus was buried
- Women bought and prepared spices for his body
- Women were first to the tomb after the Sabbath
- A woman was the first person to whom Jesus revealed himself after his resurrection
- Women were entrusted with the message that Jesus had risen
Have a blessed Easter!
Photo Credit: arbyreed via Compfight cc
Subscribe to Get Simply Church Updates
Join our mailing list to get occasional updates from me!