It takes us both.
So God created human beings in his own image. In the image of God he created them; male and female he created them. (Genesis 1:27)
- Both men and women are created in the image of God.
- Both men and women were used by God to save the nation of Israel in the Old Testament.
- Both men and women followed Jesus in the Gospels.
- Both men and women represent the body of Christ.
- Both men and women serve the body of Christ in the 5-fold ministry.
- Both men and women are described by Paul as fellow-workers (eg. Philippians 4:2-3).
- Both men and women are described as having leadership roles (for example, the word prostatis used to describe Phoebe is a word used for church leadership).
So what’s the problem?
Photo Credit: Tambako the Jaguar via Compfight cc
Subscribe to Get Simply Church Updates
Join our mailing list to get occasional updates from me!
2 replies on “Both men and women”
We’ll I don’t have a problem with the both issue
I’m with Kenneth, both is best.
In fact I’d go a lot further than that. The truth is that excluding women from full effectiveness in every aspect of church life is a sure way of producing an unbalanced and lop-sided structure that doesn’t work well and is also a mis-representation of Jesus’ plan for his bride.
Church without the full participation of women in every way? No thanks!