Here are some reasons why we may not see the kind of harvest we long for:
- We are so involved with other believers we do not have time for friendship with those who do not yet know Jesus.
- We are fearful of being "contaminated" by too much contact with the world.
- Lack of the "apostolic mission" part of simple church DNA.
- Lack of prayer for the harvest.
- Lack of training.
- We do not "go and make disciples."
- We are fishing in the wrong place, or to change metaphors, we are seeking to reap a harvest where either the fields are not yet ripe or little/no seed has been sown.
- We invite people to come to our church.
- When someone becomes a Christian, we extract them from their community to join ours.
- We fail to work through a "person of peace."
- We are not preaching the gospel of the kingdom
- Lack of the supernatural.
- We do not train the new believer to pass on his story and what he is learning to his friends.
- We scatter rather than gather.
Some of these topics will be covered more fully in future posts.
Can you think of any other reasons why we are not seeing harvest? Let us know!