For some time now, I have been pondering the question, "What does it look like for simple/organic churches to get involved in mission?" I'm referring here to the role of what is usually known as "the missionary"–one who is called to leave their own culture and live in another nation, either short or long-term.
Here are some of the questions I have:
- How, if at all, are simple/organic churches currently involved in missions?
- How could/should their involvement differ from traditional mission work?
- What is the most effective church planting training they can receive?
- Who are the most effective people to reach unreached people groups?
- Are there any mistakes of traditional missions that we can learn from and avoid?
- How can this be financed?
- How can people be supported in the field?
- What language and cross cultural training is needed?
What other questions do you have?Google+