It takes us both.
So God created human beings in his own image. In the image of God he created them; male and female he created them. (Genesis 1:27)
- Both men and women are created in the image of God.
- Both men and women were used by God to save the nation of Israel in the Old Testament.
- Both men and women followed Jesus in the Gospels.
- Both men and women represent the body of Christ.
- Both men and women serve the body of Christ in the 5-fold ministry.
- Both men and women are described by Paul as fellow-workers (eg. Philippians 4:2-3).
- Both men and women are described as having leadership roles (for example, the word prostatis used to describe Phoebe is a word used for church leadership).
So what’s the problem?